Industry 4.0 focuses on the end-to-end digitization of EVERYTHING, connecting and integrating digital environments with value chain partners. It networks a wide range of new technologies to create value by generating, analyzing and communicating data seamlessly.
Fully automatic logistic systems, driverless transport systems equipped with integrated sensors technology and RFID advanced technology, are a big part of this interaction. The transition of a company to the industry 4.0 world creates new opportunities, as well as challenges. Many of those challenges result from limitations of the classical IT solutions.
Smart, connected processes will create new business opportunities. Below are 3 steps to fully optimize your Industry 4.0 transition, leading to quick benefits.
- Consulting & transition supportSmart methodologies and processes are needed to prepare, support and educate you and your people. This can be in management, process, and technology levels, in all areas of your operations. Some of those services can be; workshops, surveys, Industry 4.0 readiness assessments, strategy and change management support.
- Determination of specific smart software solutionsTaking into account your current Industry 4.0 readiness from step 1, the exact tools that will get you to the next level of performance, are defined. A step by step approach, ensures that you see benefits along the way and from day one.
Industry 4.0 requires software solutions tools that will empower you with optimal flexibility, interoperability and transparency of your complete operations, in real-time. Those solutions can either work alone or as part of an existing network of ERP, MES or company own solutions, helping you overcome communication and data quality limitations, leading you efficiently to:
- Digitization and integration of your vertical and horizontal value chains. Smart solutions digitize and integrate processes vertically across entire organizations, from product development and purchasing, through manufacturing, logistics, and services. All data from operations, efficiency processes, quality management and planning are available in real-time, supported by augmented reality and optimized in an integrated network. Horizontal integration stretches beyond the internal operations from suppliers to customers and all key value chain partners. It includes technologies from track and trace devices to real-time integrated planning, with execution.
- Digitization of your product and service offerings. Existing products can be expanded e.g. by adding smart sensors or communication devices that can be used with data analytics tools, as well as, by creating completely new digitized products, which focus on completely integrated solutions. By integrating new methods of data collection and analysis, you will be able to generate data on product use and refine your portfolio to meet the increasing needs of end-customers.
- Digital business processes and customer access. Industry 4.0 benefits increase by accessing disruptive digital solutions such as complete, data-driven services and integrated platform solutions. Disruptive digital business models intend to generate additional revenues while optimizing customer interaction and access. Digital products and services frequently look to serve customers with complete solutions in a distinct digital ecosystem.
- Services and after sale supportGlobal demands and increased international competition require new levels of flexibility and adaptability from support services. To realize fast ROI, services have to be augmented. By combining all new information and data, with aspects of strategy, processes, hardware and software, new business opportunities are created.
Want to know more about Industry 4.0 and how to optimize your transition to the new industrial revolution? Visit www.xintrix.com